FT or PT Hospitality Shift Supervisor
We are seeking upbeat, attentive humans to help us sling tasty treats, coffees, teas, and good vibes
Fluff Meringues & More is a fusion of a British patisserie with the quirky, modern American spirit. We endeavor to create a place that focuses on providing an escape from the everyday doldrum with a sophisticated, yet delightful atmosphere and delicious treats. A place where someone could just as easily come in for an afternoon of tasty leisure as they could to pick up a completely bespoke, edible work of art for their sister’s birthday or have the best nightcap of their life. If you think you have what it takes to achieve the the service goals laid out above, we would love to hear from you!
JOB DESCRIPTION + RESPONSIBILITIES
As a full time Front of House (FOH) Hospitality Team Shift Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Delivering exceptional hospitality to customers and your fellow teammates
- Light expediting and food prep. Most of our pastries and desserts will be out of the case, however we do offer to-serve items that require a small amount of prep and assembly (pavlovas, cheese plates, s’mores and other delicious items)
- Maintaining up to date knowledge on our offerings/prepping procedures.
- Support the hospitality team in keeping the cafe running smoothly and beautifully. This includes: light dish washing, clearing dishes, sweeping, mopping, cleaning and organizing condiment, barista, and pavlova bar stations, and taking out trash
- Open/Close duties as needed (including accurate cash handling)
- Conducting daily inventory checks on: in-house products, packaging, supplies, beverages, and mercantile items and reporting this information to the appropriate supervisor (FOH or BOH)
- Coordinating with the back of house team on keeping cases stocked and working with custom, bulk, or catering orders
- Following all health, safety, and sanitation regulations/guidelines
- Performing Manager On Duty (MOD) responsibilities when Hospitality Lead or Owner is not on site
- May perform additional responsibilities as requested by a Manager
- Able to work a consistent weekly schedule that includes weekend shifts and early mornings (we open at 7am weekdays and 9am weekends and we’re closed to the public Tuedays and all major holidays).
- Must be punctual and have reliable transportation
- Current Food Handler’s or Manager’s certification
- Current TABC certification
- 1+ year barista experience
- 1+ years supervisory experience in bakery/cafe/restaurant front of house role
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Willing to wear a basic uniform (It’s cute and comfortable! Promise!)
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Knowledge of POS systems (preferably Shopkeep) and familiarity with computers
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) after initial trial period (Full Time only)
- Teledoc + Health Program: Free doctor consultations (saves you on copays!), discounts on prescriptions, and provides professional counseling and work/life support to help you cope with the ups and downs of life, amongst many other perks (this is not health insurance)
- Paid Time Off
- Free coffee + tea during shift and a generous employee discount on food, drinks, and mercantile items
- Fluffery swag
- Company appreciation events
- Birthday + Major holidays off
If you think you would be a good candidate for this role and want to be part of our team please send a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the role and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hospitality Team Shift Supervisor” in the subject line.
Fluff Meringues & More offers competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Employment will be contingent upon a successful background check.
Always Accepting Applications
If no positions are listed above, we do not currently have a position open, but we are always happily accepting appliations to have on file. If you would like to send us your information, please send an email with your preferrerd role in the subject to Kristin@fluffmeringues.com.