PART OR FULL TIME AFTERNOON / EARLY EVENING PASTRY COOK + BAKER
We are seeking a fun human to join our team for 20-30 hours per week!
Fluff Meringues & More is a fusion of a British patisserie with the quirky, modern American spirit. We endeavor to create a place that focuses on providing an escape from the everyday doldrum with a sophisticated, yet delightful atmosphere and delicious treats. A place where someone could just as easily come in for an afternoon of tasty leisure as they could to pick up a completely bespoke, edible work of art for their sister's birthday or have the best nightcap of their life. If you think you have what it takes to achieve the the service goals laid out above, we would love to hear from you!
As a Pastry Team Member you will be responsible for:
- Completing the daily case and packaged goods production list
- Completing daily cleaning requirements
- Maintaining the organization and cleanliness of your work station and the equipment you use throughout your shift
- Communicating new ideas for production methods, product ideas, or kitchen needs with management
- Following all health, safety, and sanitation regulations/guidelines
- May perform additional responsibilities as requested by the Production Manager and owner
- Able to work a consistent weekly schedule
- Must be punctual and have reliable transportation
- Current Food Handler s or Managers certification
- Must be self-motivated
- A min. of 1 year baking experience within a commercial kitchen
- *High* attention to detail
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Knowledge of standard kitchen equipment and practices
- Teledoc + Health Program: Free doctor consultations (saves you on copays!), discounts on prescriptions, and provides professional counseling and work/life support to help you cope with the ups and downs of life, amongst many other perks (this is not health insurance)
- QSEHRA is offered after a probation period for FT employees
- PTO Accrual for PT and FT
- Free coffee + tea during shift and a generous employee discount on food, drinks, and mercantile items
- Fluffery swag
- Company appreciation events
- Birthday + Major holidays off
If you think you would be a good candidate for this role and want to be part of our team please send a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the role and your resume to with Afternoon / Evening Baker in the subject line.
Fluff Meringues & More offers competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Employment will be contingent upon a successful background check.